Welcome Texas A&M Students!
Welcome to the Start page for the ENGR 112 course. Here, we will upload the course materials that will allow you to explore some engineering principles, and hopefully have some fun as well!
Day One (1/17/2017)
- First, download Energia here: Mac OS, Windows, or Linux. Energia is the program we will use to write code and program our LaunchPad.
- In Windows, the zip file you download for Energia must be extracted to the path “C:/ti/energia”
- There should be no spaces in the file path where you extract the Energia .zip file.
- Once extracted, no further installation is required and Energia can be opened by opening the application file at the extracted location.
- Next, follow the getting started guide for your operating system. You will need to click on “CC3200 LaunchPad” and follow all the instructions there for your OS
- Read through the Energia guide, available here: http://energia.nu/guide/
- Now, run Energia (energia.exe in Windows). You should see a window that looks like this:
- Navigate to File > Preferences to change settings like font size and network configuration
- Navigate to Tools > Board > Board Manager. You should a window like this
- Click on Energia CC3200 Boards, then click “install.” This will install the necessary files for your CC3200 LaunchPad
- Now that we have installed the CC3200 LaunchPad board files, navigate to Tools > Board and select “CC3200-LaunchXL”
- To make sure everything installed correctly, let’s open an example project and compile it. To do this, navigate to File > Examples > 01. Basics > Blink. Click the red check mark in toolbar to compile the code. The output should look like this:
- Now that Energia is set up, read some more information about the CC3200 LaunchPad here: http://energia.nu/pin-maps/guide_cc3200launchpad/
- You need to bookmark this page, as well as save the Pin Map diagram to your computer
- Make sure to familiarize yourself with the pin map and the functions available on this LaunchPad
- Watch both videos on this page (one at the top, and one at the bottom of the page) before class on Thursday
- In class on Thursday, January 19th, please refer to this guide for board configuration. This page also has some troubleshooting tips in case you encounter any issues.