Guide to the TM4C129 Connected LaunchPad (EK-TM4C1294XL)
Supported in Energia version 12+
The EK-TM4C1294XL and EK-TM4C129EXL LaunchPad has on board Ethernet capability to easily add a wired connection to the internet. Use the Energia Ethernet library to get online quickly and easily. The Connected LaunchPad is also a high performance LaunchPad in its own right. Use this LaunchPad for projects that need higher performance and many peripherals.
This hardware is open source! Get the EAGLE design files from TI: HERE
Drivers may or may not be required in order to start using this LaunchPad. Download and open Energia on your system. Connect your LaunchPad to your computer over USB. Select TM4C129 under Tools > Board, and select the correct serial port under Tools > Serial Port. If you don’t see a selectable serial port, you likely have a driver issue.
The following diagram shows the complete pin map for the Connected LaunchPad for Energia. Click on the image to view the full size image.
Getting Started Video
Updating the MAC address
If for some reason you need to update the MAC address of your LaunchPad you can follow the procedure below.
- Download and install the “LM Flash Programmer” from www.ti.com.
- Launch “LM Flash Programmer” and click on the tab “Other Utilities”.
- Under “User Register Programming” section select “MAC Address Mode”.
- Click on the button “Get Current MAC Address” to read the current value. It should be all F.
- Enter the intended MAC Address. Format FF:FF:FF:FF in hex. It is recommended to use a label that has this value and stick it on the board and only use the address for this board.
- Check the option “Commit MAC Address” to store the entered value in the registers.
- Click on the button “Program MAC Address” to store the address.